Privacy and Cookies Policy
The Royal Medical Benevolent Fund Society of Ireland respects your privacy. Any personal information that you provide will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 (“DPA”) and General Data Protection Regulation ‘GDPR’. We will not collect any personal data about you on this website without your clear permission.
If you wish to find out more about data protection in Ireland please visit the website of the Data Protection Commissioner.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser while you are browsing a website. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the website can “remember” you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website.
What are the different types of Cookies?
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs.
By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- Session cookie – a temporary cookies which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- Persistent cookie – which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
We use Persistent Cookies on our website.
Persistent Cookies used by this website include the following Google Analytic cookies:
|Cookie name||Purpose||Term of use|
|_ga||Identify unique/new users||24 months|
|_gat||Throttles request rates||1 minute|
|_gid||Map user journey throughout the site||24 hours|
By domain, a cookie is either a:
- First-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
- Third-party cookies stored by a different domain to the visited page’s domain. e.g. Google Analytics
There are three different groups of cookies used on this website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential to enable navigation around our website and use its features. Without these, we would be unable to provide you with certain features. No information about your browsing habits is gathered by these cookies.
- Functionality Cookies allow our website to remember choices you have made and helps to provide an enhanced, more personal experience on our website. These cookies do not collect any information which would identify you.
- Analytics Cookies gather information about how our site is used, including which pages are most often visited. These cookies are anonymous, which means that they won’t collect information which identifies you.
Links from our website
Can I change my Cookie Preferences?
The Royal Medical Benevolent Fund Society of Ireland will assume that you agree to the placement of cookies on your device unless you specifically choose not to receive our cookies, in which case we cannot guarantee that your experience will be as fulfilling as it would otherwise be.
Within your browser you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you and so we provide links below to popular manufacturers’ instructions on how you can do this. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies. These browsers include;
For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Updates to this policy
The Royal Medical Benevolent Fund Society of Ireland reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time. Users of this website should regularly check this Policy for any amendments.
How to Contact us
If you have any queries regarding the use of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org